Fish Compatability

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YamahaF934

I am starting to make a fish list and I am wondering if these will go together in a 72 gallon with about 100 lbs live rock:

Yellow Watchman Goby/with pistol shrimp

Canary Blenny

(These two look similar, which is why I was wondering if there would be a problem)

Also a Lawnmower Blenny in the mix (not sure if he is compatible with the canary)

well with that size of a tank you MAY be able to get away with those two blennies in the same tank. Usually the most common aggression issues with blennies are with species that look similar re: lawnmower and starry or lawnmower and redspot lawnmower etc. With the overall looks of the standard lawnmower and the canary being pretty different I would think you should be ok. The best way to do it would b to add them at the same time so that way you dont have one establishing territory before the other one gets there. out of the different blenny varieties lawnmower from what I've seen tend to be the worst as far as aggression. Right behind those are flame tails, blue/gold and bicolor's.

As for the blennies and the yellow watchman you should be just fine. All though I would still keep an eye on the lawnmower as i've had a redspot lawnmower that killed a orange spot shrimp goby when he was housed in a 20L nano.

Tom

Before we upgraded our 90 to a 210 we had a orange spotted goby paired with a shrimp and we also had a lawnmower blenny and we had no problems

Well from my understanding blennies do not get along with other blennies and starry blennies are the devil.

on the other hand, I have a fu man chu lion fish with 2 neon cleaner gobies and a blue/gold blenny in my 20 gallon, so what the heck do i know about fish compatability.
(I thought of this as I was typing)

on to the next post....

Back