Fish Food ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefferMan

Fish out of water
Ok, i have several large fish that seem like there starving! lol i feed them frozen brine, mysis, formula 1 2 and 3, But its hard on the pocket book. I recently bought some shrimp from the local store and gave some of that to them, they went nuts! Is this bad to give to them?

What food does everyone recommend?
what food does everyone Not Recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Reefferman.

I have a great concoction mix that I mix up and my fish and corals love! Makes a large batch that I freeze in small 1/2 cube trays. PM me if interested and I'll send it to you, complete with photos.

Reef Barf

This recipe came from a reef club friend of mine that I modified somewhat to my own liking. I termed the mix "Reef Barf" :eek: which actually came from my wife and kids when we mixed the stuff up. It litterly smells like reef barf! :oops: A bit of caution, I bought a seperate small food processor (Actually my wife wouldn't let me use hers) and it's a good thing I did, because even after a through cleaning, it still smelled, well quite bad actually. :D Get ready for some fun, we had a blast mixing this stuff! I adapted it slightly and added a few more ingredience on my end. Feel free to add/delete as needed. I must say that it's a superior food and my fish and corals love it. Good polyp extension and growth. Fish are extremely agressive eating this stuff! My lawnmower blenny even loves the stuff! One thing I did do was to purchase the mini-cube ice trays off ebay (1/2"x1/2" cubes)

REEF BARF Recipe Seafood Combo (Whole bag), Nori (3-4 sheets), Cyclopl-eeze (2 teaspoons), Reef Roids (2 teaspoons), Formula One & Two (2 Tablespoons of each), Garlic Extreme (1 teaspoon), Selcon (1 teaspoon), baby brine shrimp (1/2 jar), mysis shrimp – 10 cubes, coral frenzy (1 teaspoon), reef chilli (1 teaspoon), Seachem reefbuilder (2 tbl spoons), 10 cubes of frozen mysis shrimp. Small amount of RODI to thin as needed. Blend (the fun smelly part) and then pour or spoon into mini ice cube trays, cover with alum foil and stick in the freezer overnight. One batch made a boat load of food (about 4 mini cub trays full). Plan to sell or give the stuff away to your reef friends!

Fish and corals went crazy for it on the first feeding. I now feed this stuff exclusively to my fishies / corals!

That sounds Great! i can smell it through the monitor! lol my wife will also be thrilled! lol Ill use her New Blender.......

Whatever, our fish are not starving and there is no such thing as formula 3! Duh

BTW: I kept the old blender, so leave my new one alone!

You forgot to mention that we also have angel formula, spirulina formula, green, red and brown seweed selects, and freeze dried plankton. I mixed all of this togther yesterday with formula 1 & 2, without a blender, and put it in the freezer. I also added cyclopeeze.

Back