fish list

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ninerfoelife

i was just wondering if this fish list would be alright, i have a 65 gallon reef with about 90lbs of live rock. these are the fish i want:

so far i have a blue hippo tang (2 1/2in) and 2 clownfishes (1 1/2in), i also want a sixline wrasse, a green mandarin dragonet, 5 blue green reef chromosis, and a court jester goby. thank you for any advice.

No problems It should be fine. Try and get the mandirin to eat prepared food. Mine would eat newlife spectrum pellets. I think it was because they were in at the same time as a little live brine. I guess that was how he made the connection. Or it could of been from watching the other fish. Steve

I would choose the sixline over the mandarin in a 65 gallon tank. Not everyone is fortunate enough to teach a mandarin to eat prepared foods (if it isn't at time of purchase). Due to the sixline and mandarin competing for the same food source (despite eating prepared foods), I feel there may be issues with the sixline acting aggressively towards the mandarin. If you chose to keep the mandarin, I wouldn't add it until after the tank has been established for a year....without a competitor for pods. Also, you may want to only do 3 chromis, as IMO, 5 is pushing tank capacity with the list presented.

Steve - was your mandarin eating prepared foods when you purchased it? Just curious as to how long it took for the mandarin to start eating.

Back