fish reflection?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Ok, I don't know if I should laugh about it or be concerned about it. but my situation is this. I just cleaned the glass in my reef today for the first time since I moved the tank about a month ago. now that the glass is clean my male pink square back anthias is trying to kill his reflection in the glass, I mean he is really mad!!! my naso is also acting territorial too with his shadow. It is the first time I have seen his spots in months....

is this something to be concerened about and has anyone else ever had this problem? like I said it is kinda funny but I am concerend that they will stress themselves....

Matt

here is a picture of the anthias fighting his reflection, the naso is more spiratic so it will be difficult to get a picture of him fighting his reflection

Matt

That is crazy man. I dont have idea how to fix it, other than turn the lights in the room on so it cuts down on reflections.

lol !! that's his brother flow (sorry nemo joke)... lmbo !!!
I seriously have no clue, this is the first time i hear something like this.
i'd say just let your coraline grow all over but then you wouldn't be able to see your tank.... i hope you find a good way to stop your fishes from doing that.

well so far he has been at it for 6 hours, so he will soon get a brake from the (intruder) when the lights go off. :lol:

I hope he doesnt keep it up again tomorrow. I want to keep my glass clean.

Matt

I wouldn't worry about it too much. My Kole did that for about two weeks before he finally figured it out. My tang was even trying to stab his reflection and I was flipping out. But give it time, he'll calm down.

i had good luck with a temporary colored posterboard or colored file folder taped to the sides of my tank. a couple of days should settle him down, and it doesnt cost much. i was afraid my fish was going to bruise his mouth or get a concussion or something. can fish get a concussion? my color was blue but black or maybe any color would work.

I might try that if he doesnt settle down tomorrow. it is funny though its hard to believe that he can fight the glass all day long with no breather.......

must be stressfull on the fish.

Matt

Back