Fish Rooms?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wrightme43

Check this out. I own a aqurium maintence service. My favorite client is the adminstrator of 6 hospitols and 4 primary care centers. He is building a new primary care center. He is going to have me put in a tank and build it into a room with the front looking out. He wants me to design a locking fishroom for it behind the wall. It is going to be designed into the building. I have been thinking on this for a while now. 96" acrylic, 24" tall 240gal sys. I am getting 2 dedicated 30 amp circuits, hot and cold water with deep sink (for cleaning) floor drain. My plan so far includes rodi auto top up system. kalk system on a litermeter doser. berlin acrylic sump with filter socks. 4 250 watt MH, 4 110 atinic vho. Closed loop reciculating system with 6 ports probley going with jacuzzi port heads that rotate. Or adjustable spray outlets (still deciding) I want the entire back wall overflow system.

What I am asking for is Ideas. He wants the LPS, SPS, ANEMONES, AND CLAMS. Going to use the aqua-c skimmer. and thinking a remoter sand bed plumbed in so I can flow slowly through it.

Any body have any dream fishrooms, I have thought about mine for years now. I would like to hear your ideas. Thanks Steve

Steve - I would check out mojo's thread The Building of the Beast if you haven't looked at it yet. His fish room is really nice, and may give you some ideas. I'm not sure how often you were planning on doing water changes, but maybe a large storage container for premixed water, and good ventilation.

Thanks Nikki. I was going to go with two 44 gal brutes. One for mixed and one for pure rodi. Use the mixed for water change, and the add salt to the other one. swap back and forth every water change. My plan is to tee off the ro/di output with a float valve in the sump as well, so it has auto makeup water as well. Do you think a return (for a/c) vent in the door with a large bathroom exhaust fan in the ceiling would work? I do. Since the tank is going to be 96" the room would need to 10' by at least 8' preferably 9 or 10' I am leaning towards a square tubing frame coated in marine 2 part epoxy paint. Then with plywood under blue builders foam for insulation and protection. I have some time till this is built so any ideas would be used if I can fit them in. Nikki your right, Mojo has got the set up. I am drawing heavly from it. Steve

Back