flat worm exit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ollie51

has anyone used the fwe without adverse side effects i have mostly sps in my 75 gal have tryed yellow wrasse ,already have a mandrin doesnt seem interested in them ,wrasse disappeared first night in tank flat worms continue to thrive ,have siphoned hundreds but this seems futile this has been ongoing for about a month that i have noticed them any input?

I have used FWE several times with no adveres reactions but note I said several times, That is because they still always come back! I have never been successfull to get rid of them (granted this was just in my 12 gallon JBJ nano) I got tired of them and just broke the tank down. I would say try the velvet nudi and see how that works they eat flatworms and flat worms only so it might do the job...

Matt

only problem is trying to find a velvet nudibranch seems that no one on line or local has themany ideas on where to find one? iam in upstate NY

I just finished a few days ago, was awesome how effective and how safe. Only lost one micro brittle star, the previously attacked corals are already coming back. I used an extra strong dose. Changed water and ran two carbon reactors 4 hours later. Added filter socks for a couple days too.
Slickdonkey was my mentor:)

I also used it on Sunday after i had talked to Mike. Just make sure to follow the directions and siphon out as many as possible first. It worked awesome for me.

I have used it double the strength with no adverse effects. Personally I would double the recomended dose and treat again like a week after the first treatment. That way you make sure you get them all. They are a really PITA. Make sure to siphon all of the ones you see and run carbon afterwords.

Good Luck
Brian

For ya'll who say that you have used it with not adverse effects, or the effects were minimal what about your clams if you have clams?

Back