flat worms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

there are some fish that eat them(I'm assuming you're talking about the bron ones that just crawl around everywhere).
I got my flatworm problem under control with a spotted mandarin but there are also certain wrasses that eat them.

Salifert "Flatworm Exit" worked really well for me and didn't harm any of my fish or corals. Make sure to siphon out as many as possible first as the dieing flatworms can give off a toxic chemical. I had a ton, they did not hurt anything, just multiple fast and take over the rock. I have not seen one in four months after dosing w/ flatworm exit (knock on wood).

there are some fish that eat them(I'm assuming you're talking about the bron ones that just crawl around everywhere).
I got my flatworm problem under control with a spotted mandarin but there are also certain wrasses that eat them.

can you give me a pic. i think i have them too. they are skinny with spines coming off of them.when my lights come on i will post a pic .

Skinny with spines coming off them are probably going to be some type of zoo eating nudibranch, not flatworms, which are, well, flat. If you do a search for berghia, they look quite a bit like them.

Barbie

Back