flatworms and the FWorm exit.....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ilektrik22

So I used flatworm exit on tuesday, sucked out a portion of my sand ( there was a flatworm party in one of the corners) and followed the directions. turned on carbon after about 15-20 minutes, started sucking out the dead ones.

After half an hour I added another 8 drops ( 30g tank, originally added 24 drops) since their were still a few random flatworms. I waited 2 hours and then did a water change.

wednesday I noticed that I still had a few flatworms...squished them...but what do I do now? I have a deep sandbed and I'm conserned that the ones I saw the other day are babies in the sand, and that their will be more and that they'll be immune to the flatworm exit...........

I tried a sixline wrasse, all he did was chase 2 of my fish out of the tank

Slickdonkey

when is it safe to do it again?

also should i be doing a water change after?

and could it be affecting my candy cane? it has these odd white rimmed holes in it, almost like burns? ( it may have fallen on some zoa's so this could be another possible culprit)

thanks

I treated mine again after 10 days or so. You probably could do it again after several days. I did about a 15% change about 2 hours after each treatment, as well as run carbon.

In the end I treated three times and still found some stragglers, but the population seems to be under control now and I haven't noticed any increase in the last month. If anything there seems to be fewer of them.

I can't speak to your candy cane but I would at least consider it a possibility that it was affected by the treatment. My hydnophora looked really pissed off and got all puffy-looking when I did my treatments. It recovered the next day in each case though.

Back