Float Switches Kepp Getting Stuck

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
my float switches will work for a few days, then they just get stuck.. i have two that i keep switching out every week.. this was working, but now they are both stuck all the time, even after i let them dry out.. there is a bit if old dried up coralline algae on the floats.. how can i get this off??? is that what is stopping them from working??

Get you some optical sensors from DonW & be done with that problem! Your not supposed to submerse these float switches, they silicone them but that doesn't always work.

well i scraped off the coralline that had accumulated on the float.. they seem to be working just fine for now..the water level has remained the same for the last few days

your toggle times are long?

how long does it take between clicks?

not really sure.. it depends on the evaporation time and the water flow hitting the float

If it's Kent then that would be it. Mine is that and what a piece of crap.

I have a kent float for my Ro machine in my laundry room. It is an auto topoff. 3rd float too. I came down stairs one morning to a flooded laundry room. It did it again about 2 weeks ago so now I never trust it and just stay home and keep checking it.

Good luck,
Not alone in your madness. lol.:)

Back