flow rates in a 125 tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

125g

i have a 1200 gallon return pump to my 125 feeding to two separate nozzles and i know this isnt even close to being enought flow it is a fish only tank right now what power heads should i run and where should they be placed for best circulation?

If looks doesn't matter as much as function, the Koralias pack quite the bang for the buck. I also love SEIOs. If looks count, Vortechs are the way to go.

so when you say function is it about getting the waste and uneaten food up to the overflows or for the fish's liking? sorry for the newbie question i am somewhat new to it

No need to say sorry..
You gotta learn somehow..
We were all noobz at one time..
Function, your right you don't want dead spots for detritus to collect and rot..
As for the fish they will adapt to nearly all kinds of flow..High or low.

so do you think two 400 gph koralias would be good or do you think the 600's would be better?

No need to say sorry..
You gotta learn somehow..
We were all noobz at one time..
Function, your right you don't want dead spots for detritus to collect and rot..
As for the fish they will adapt to nearly all kinds of flow..High or low.

Adam, there is always a reason for YOU to say sorry and noobz is a great self-description:lol::lol:

so do you think two 400 gph koralias would be good or do you think the 600's would be better?

The K-4s are excellent, the SEIOs are better, and there are others better yet. Start with the K4s and see how you like them. Can always upgrade. I think there is a guy selling used K-3 and K-6 or 8s currently

I have 2 800 koralias 5 and 2 6025 nano streams in a 75... i would try and go bigger because i think the flow in my 75 is great!

Back