For sale forum???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

runtowin777

What ever happened to the for sale forum? Am I just bein blind or did it get removed with the updated site?

I don't want to come across ungrateful because I know you guys put a decent chunk of time into the new classifieds section but I find it difficult to navigate effectively. The old forum style I could quickly browse things that caught my interest and I would check it out every day. It was a great way to pick up and trade things along with meet new local guys. I've checked the classifieds three times since it switched over and it took me a few minutes to find the post new ad button when I tried to last night. I thought the options for buy it now and such were pretty cool, but I think most of us had a pretty clear idea of if a seller was willing to honor dibs or if money talks, etc.

I understand not wanting the forums to be classifieds but they were highly effective for a lot of us because a high concentration of us are in Washington. Kind of like how when we are all at Barriers huge sales the forums come up when we are introducing each other. I've actually had better luck selling things on craigslist but I always like to give fellow reef frontier members the first shot and I loved being able to pick up misc equipment and live stock I didn't know I 'needed' if you know what I mean ;). When I first entered the hobby and setup my 10 gallon nano a fellow reefer gave me some live rock and a couple softies and I think having easy access to do stuff like that is part of what makes this hobby so great.

Anywho thanks for allowing me to express my thoughts and keep up the great work, this site is awesome.

Thanks for the note! Sorry things in the classifieds aren't working so well for you. Not sure if you saw the thread, but we are about to do an upgrade between tonight/early tomorrow morning switching to a new server that is more VBulletin friendly. This is supposed to help things run smoother as for one, it will help support some of the add ons we run here that have been having some issues. Not sure exactly which issues we were having so couldn't say if the upgrade will benefit the classified's, but I guess we will see. As I've mentioned many times here before, I never used the old for sale forums nor have I used the new classified's so I can't really give my thoughts on the two. I've browsed the two though and will admit the two are different from one another which means anyone who was use to the old layout, will have to (with time) adjust to the change, but that is how it is with any change we encounter. Sort of like the new forum layout itself. Took me a while to get the hang of it and next thing I knew, I was navigating the new boards with my eyes closed. :p

In any event, thanks for your input here which was done in a really nice way which is always appreciated. We have been ducking bullets on this subject here in some cases LOL! Not sure what the future will hold for the classified's and not sure what changes will be made to it if any, but I guess in time we will find out. :)

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more here. The old Forums, simple to see and direct access. Can't get any simpler.........

Back