Found this in my new Clove Polyp's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I picked up some new corals from Barrier Reef and found these in my Clove polyps. I need to mention that I dipped everything in Coral Rx, but these survived. I also found what I believe to be egg casings. I've removed at least 6 of the slugs/nudi and 10 or more egg casings! Anyone familiar with this? If bad, I need to know how to kill them! Thanks!!!

Lionfishlair has a great hitchiker guide

Imo if u or we dont know. Its better safe than sorry. Good find

D

Thank you for the info, that's a nice guide! I'm adding it to my favorites. I found out that it might be an Arminid Nudibranch, clove eating! I'm glad I've been removing them! Hopefully I've gotten all of the adults off, but I keep finding the egg casings. I'm disappointed that the Coral Rx didn't kill the adults. I'm going to do a fresh water dip tomorrow to hopefully get rid of any babies. I don't want any to migrate to my Zoa's and Paly's. The eggs are pretty easy to spot, but parts of the frag are kind of dense and the frag is really dirty, which I didn't notice when I bought it. I'm thinking about cutting it apart, so that I can inspect it better, but I've never done that before!

Is it attacking or embedding itself in corals? Smenospongias make a home in corals and grow inside them. Is this gelatinous- looking creature attacking any Zoas? Smenospongias are very hard to detect. I'm not sure exactly what your creature is, but it may worth it to look into.

- C. Smith

Back