Fowl

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

flip_3_6_0

I am going to be getting rid of all my corals and swtching to FOWL. I currently have a 75 gallon AGA with a 29 gallon sump and a remora pro skimmer. I have 100+ lbs of LR (not really sure on exact amount). As a college student i feel a fish only will be a little easier to take care of. I am interseted in keeping some of the more aggresive fish e.g. Lions, puffers, triggers, etc.
I am just looking for some general advice fish compatability, are the any fish or fish combinations i should stay away from? Is my skimmer large enough to handle this type of tank? Is it possible to keep multiple species of lions together? and any other advice you guys would be willing to offer.

puffers and lions or triggers and lions will get that lions fins picked at, and they never grow back half as nice looking. i've heard triggers bothering porcs before, but I know they can get along sometimes.

I know multiple spcies of lions together work great if they're all about the same size. you could probably get away with upto 3 dwarfs or 2 full sizers in a 75, maybe a eel, big maroon clown.

not sure if a harlequin tusk would pick at a lion, but I imagine not. that might be a cool one.

Ease wise? going aggresive means good bye clean-up crew, hello manual scruber. For me ease is a ecosystem I only have to do a few water changes and dose every so often. You could always do a peaceful fowl tho(well nothing more aggressive than percs or dwarf angels anyway)

Have you thought about using ozone to help with filtration needs? It might help out if you get fish that are messy. Here is a recent thread: Skimmer Advice

Back