Fowlr question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

farid2544

We were going to turn our fresh water 72 bowfront into a frag tank but have since decided to make it into a fowlr tank. My question is, can we have anemones with puffers and lion fish? Those are the only 2 fish that we are planning that we aren't sure about.

My neighbor has a dogface with about 6 rbta with no issues. I did see some posts out there about lion fish accidently perching on the nem and getting eaten, some suggestions were to get a Maroon clown that will keep the lion away from the nem or something like that.

We were thinking yellow striped maroon clown fish. I was hoping to get an anemone in with him. So far this is good news.

By the way, dawguy, the yodas, PEs and zombie eyes I got from you are looking and doing great. Thank you again

I know rbta and sabae need high lights. Are there any anemones that don't require high amount of light that maroon clowns would still host? I'm trying to see if I need to upgrade my lights. Right now it only has 2 48" t5 that I was using for fresh water.

I know rbta and sabae need high lights. Are there any anemones that don't require high amount of light that maroon clowns would still host? I'm trying to see if I need to upgrade my lights. Right now it only has 2 48" t5 that I was using for fresh water.

You are thinking in the wrong way.
You need to think, " What do I need to do to my system so I can have what I want?"
You want a anemone? Then save up for lighting that will sustain one, then get the anemone.

mfinn, that's what I was thinking too. Getting some lights for the anemone.

1guydude, i was going to order some Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps to get some flow in the tank.

Sounds like right steps! Get big powerheads imo.
Do u have a coral tank or other tanks?
Before u kmow it, you'll want all reef safe fish and coral coral and more coral.
D

Yeah, we have a 90 gallon mixed reef with everything from zoas, softys, sps, and lps. Also a rbta with clown fish who lay eggs. We kept going back and forth on what we were going to do with the second tank. First we thought frag tank. Then fowlr. we kept going back and forth and I think we finally decided to do fowlr and get fish that we cant have in our other tank.

Back