Frag plugs & glue

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

justforfun

Humu Humu Nuku Nuku
well i have been fragging a lot of corals lately and been running out of plugs & glue alot....been using brs **great website** looking for what does everyone else use for plugs...i have been using ocean wonders LARGE frage plugs...with the brs white tube of thick glue...been working really well ^except for with big sps colonies & monti frags.....its usaully having trouble sticking to one of them....
so my ???? is
1. what glue are you using
2. where do you get your plugs from

I use tiles from the liquidation store. They are uncured ceramic tiles held together with mesh. I cut the mesh away and use those.

good luck with them bonding and growing over tile?...sps growth good?...algae growth on them?...do you use the tumbled stone? how well do they glue to rock work?

It isn't a glazed tile. It is literally raw ceramic kiln fired. No algae growth on them, the glue super easy. SPS is encrusting over them. Myteemouse uses the same ones.

yea nwdiver started some of those up 6months ago they look good. just kinda looking t buy around 400 frag plugs the 1.25 top...easier for me to position in frag tank and set lines........so looking to get a BULK ammount of frag plugs.......and glue

+1 on the ceramic tiles. You can get a sheet of 100 plus from lowes for around $10-$15, I think they are 1x1x1/4. Just peel them from the mesh and drop in boiling water for a minuted and rub the adhesive off. I've used these for sps and zoas with no issues

yes thanks for the tile idea...i have found mulitple reasons why i dont like those.......so with that said if anyone can help me find frag PLUGS in bulk please chime in......no more on the tiles

Hey have you ever thought about using tile????

LOL I couldnt resist!! Anyway if you are looking for flat round type go to McClendons and by some acrylic rod (1 inch or less depending on your desire) then just some time on a chop saw and your getting them for pennies. If you like the peg type, get the small rod version 1/2 or 3/8 the youcan make a tray where they just slip into pre drilled holes. The acrylic dowels glue easy and the corals grows over them

Mojo

yes acrylic is no go in a tank with 60x turnover...lol they blow around and cause all kinds of issues........thanks mike*
without any more delay....lol.......WHERE CAN I BUY 400+ FRAG PLUGS CERAMIC OR AGROCRETE.....sorry guys in a little bind right now.....corals overgrown and need to be fragged

Home depot, Lowes...anf tile liquidation place. Just make sure the tiles are unfinished...you can tell it is raw ceramic...you can go ahead a place some of those frags over here for the help LOLOLOLOLOLOL:razz:

Back