Fragging Anyone?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Peppie

This site is not getting much action. How about someone stepping up and doing a workshop on some simple fragging procedures?
I know I am not the only one here that has not yet cut any of his corals, but will need to int he near future.
Anybody have the time, camera, and knowledge to help us newb wannabe fraggers????

oh the coincedence that I just ordered $190 worth of fragging supplies from brs a few hours ago!

btw, when you gonna have me over and teach the new guy in town a few tricks?

I'm off of 234th, by hwy grocery.

your welcome here any time to adivse me. gots my share of probs too that could use an expierenced set of eyes. like wierd white spots all over cleaner shrimp.....and my tang I have been qt and treating and has been PERFECT for a month will prob be dead my moringing.

The only trick up my sleeve are related to wood working and some light acrylic work.
I am pretty good at cut those things, but yet have to pull out the scalpel and slice up some flesh (unless of course it is a splinter)

kipo,, I agree we are so close we need to get together and swap ideas and lies. LOL Sorry to hear about your Tang. I dont know much about the illness of fishes sorry.

nata, would you be willing to assist in the workshop? sounds like kipo has has the tools on the way.

If i am available..sure..but u are always welcome to
Stop by..got all the fragging tools u can dream of...bandsaw and more..i frag daily

thanks peppie, nata. I am off wed and thurs, and work every weekend, home by 245pm unless working overtime which usually is also on weekends.

nata, having a band saw I assume you have fragged elagance? I have one with about a 5inch base that I would be willing to fragg just for the playtime.

when u available?

I have way to much on my plate to take on another project at this time.
I was hoping that a couple or a few members here would like to take on this workshop.
It would be very informative to many of us here at RF

Anybody want to step up and take on this workshop????

Since I frag all the time I'll try to do some videos on fragging various things and get them on youtube for you.

Since I frag all the time I'll try to do some videos on fragging various things and get them on youtube for you.

Thank you JJ. That is what we are looking for. A few tips, a couple of do's and donts, and some action videos will go a long long way.

We will be looking forward to seeing how it is done,

Thanks again,
Peppie

Dave, this is a great idea. I would definatly like to learn a bit more. I never trim my corals, and when it did get done a friend of mine came and did it for me.

My tank needs some serious attention when it comes to over grown corals. 34 gallons is not a lot to work with when I had 120 gallons for so many years. I would love to get some tips and would attend a seminar or tutorial. :)

i have a diamond tip hobby saw( frag saw) i would love to give a hand let me know when....give me a couple weeks notice as this time of year is very crazy at work(planting season with the farmers.....always breaking there tractors i gotta fix them)

Thank you for posting up the videos. I have a hard time cutting up a living creature but you make it look a bit easier than I had thought

By the way your assistant is lovelier than mine
Spaz.jpg

:rofl:
More helpful too.

Back