frags

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Anenome or plate coral or ? Can you be more specific and if possable pictures help :) And was it open in the store/tank it came from? How long has it been closed ? Does it have enoughp flow and is the light the same color /type/wattage it was under before around the same distance from the bulb? Sorry but I imagine others will ask these same questions. Also is your tank older than say 6 months with good water quality from your test kits. I ask just to be able to answer your question. Otherwise it is an un-educated guess. :)
Paul

thanks those questions im new to all of this but trying, i believe its a plate and yes it did come from an open tank its been closed for almost a day and a half slowly i can see it wants to open up but struggling. one more question paul i have a bio cube 29gal tank what would you recommend for how long my black light and other bulbs to be on through out the day 24 hour period? thank you so much for the info if you can get back to me

Dan

You Have Blacklights?If so dont use them in a reef tank ! Well healthy plate coral in a healthy tank thats at least 3 months plus old can open up in less than a day. If it does not it may not have enoughp light or the wrong king of lighting or not enoghp flow. Was it acclimated slowly or quickly? If to quickly that can cause stress. I would call up and investigate what type of lighting it was under and find out what kind you have. Also if I was guessing on how much light it needs I would give it less as corals can adjust to less without to much stress but if given to much to soon it can stress them so much they will die. I assume you can get p.c. or vho lightingor t-5's with reflectors for this tank. I wish I knew what kind of light you had and what kind the tank it came from had . :)
Paul

By the way welome to reef frontiers. I am sure eventually we'll get sompthing figured out :)

I have fungia plate coral and and anenome that close up if the water ph changes or if I add buffer to the water. Also Leather's close up frequently and decide not to open back up for weeks. I have been able to get them open by taking a new clean turkey baster and slowly from a distance blowing water over it. Or for the anenome and fungia feeding them a very small amount of mysis (close to brine shrimp size) shrimp :)

Back