free acrylic sheets

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

theJ

Hey all, long time no talk!

I wanted to drop a line and mention I am getting rid of some huge acrylic sheets, one is just under 1/4" thick, the other looks about 1/8". One sheet is roughly 7ft x 3.5 ft, the other is smaller than that. I will get some measurements today, but you will definitely need a truck for these :)

I figure they would make great sump baffles (thats why I was saving them) or shelves, or make for repair panels on an overflow or whatever. The edges are drilled every foot or so, about 1" from the outside edges, but there is enough acrylic to cut the edges off for smaller projects and still have a huge amount left for a big project.

Anyjoe, they are free for the taking if you can roll out to Post Falls and pick them up with your truck, just PM me :)

Hey all, long time no talk!

I wanted to drop a line and mention I am getting rid of some huge acrylic sheets, one is just under 1/4" thick, the other looks about 1/8". One sheet is roughly 7ft x 3.5 ft, the other is smaller than that. I will get some measurements today, but you will definitely need a truck for these :)

I figure they would make great sump baffles (thats why I was saving them) or shelves, or make for repair panels on an overflow or whatever. The edges are drilled every foot or so, about 1" from the outside edges, but there is enough acrylic to cut the edges off for smaller projects and still have a huge amount left for a big project.

Anyjoe, they are free for the taking if you can roll out to Post Falls and pick them up with your truck, just PM me :)

I'll take them. PM Sent.

I am building a refugium for my new 65 I am setting up so this will work out great.

We are not that far from seattle. Just less stimulating comoing from a big city to a smaller more spread out area. Plus the cost of gas is so high it makes a good price not so great.

gas hit 2.79/g in post falls! Looks like Pedro will be picking up the sheets. I still didnt measure but there is way more acrylic than anyone needs in a single session, so Pedro, I think you will find a use :)

I took a pic and outlined the sheets, crappy pic, but there is a salt bucket in front for size ref:

I'm willing to share, also. If I have a bunch left over I'll share it with other club members. I'm planning on making a sump for my 65 gal reef ready that I am setting up.

w00p, acrylic is gone, along with a 1/4 bucket of salt- and hopefully you grabbed that bag of sugar sand I put on top :p Thanks for picking it up :)

Back