Free Frags for Newbies

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jobiwan

Hi guys, I'm tearing down a couple of hundred gallons of frag tanks, all the really cool SPS, Rics and such have gone into my main display, but I've got quite a lot of stuff that would be great for folks that are starting out, including a lot of Zoa's & Paly's, shrooms, a few softies, waving xenia, Leathers, etc. I have a small amount of sps that would be well suited for newer systems such as pavona, monti, and hydnophora. I'm posting more info and photos at the following thread in the livestock for sale (or free) forum. I got a lot of help from others in my early days in the hobby, I'd like to pay back some of that, good for the ol Kharma you know. Some day when your tank is overrun with exotic SPS's perhaps you could throw a few my way. Check out the thread at http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=377644#post377644 for photos and other details, best regards, Joe.

Package some of them in a box & send them my way:lol:

Really kind of you to help those just starting out & helping out your local Peeps!

Hey Joe, I live on the island and would love to take care of some of your corals. Please let me know.

any tidbits left?

Happy 4th to you for starters!

I joined this sight a few months ago and have found it to be helpful. I have taken the plunge and have switched from fish to reef the tank and live rock are well established it all came out of a good friends tank that tore it down cuz he was reloacated. its a 100 gal all the corect lighting and such. I was wondering if you had anything left to give out or even to buy? I am not new to the hobby I love a good chalange. before moving to seattle i had a 450 gal tank that I raised 4 moorish idols that all grew to have a body size of a dinner plate and were all very friendly not skiddish like most. it was a task the first few months getting them to eat and fighting illness. after tube feeding them a slurey of marine algee,sponge,coral,and shrimp 5 times a day they started eating on there own. let me tell you getting a tub down a fish is not easy but well worth time and $$$. I currently have a carpet anm. that i rescued from a petstore that had two small tanks of marine life. they were just trying it out i was told. the poor thing didnt have the right lighting and was not being fed let alone being kept with fish that i was shocked had not eaten it yet. It is now doing great its been about 6 months and happy as it has never moved from its spot. well i have wrote you a novel it looks I could go on for days. If you can help me out that would be great even if it is just informing me of places to get nice stock or what would be good to start with i would be greatful.

best
Z

Back