Free snail!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chris&barb

Reef-Geeks
just found this bugger, anyone want it?

img1756ab3.jpg

is there only food zoas? i dont know what to do with it but i hate flushing things

OHH Get it out and flush it. those have wiped out a many of zoas and I dont think that they should be given a second chance just to reproduce...

Matt

its a sundial snail. i know everyone just says kill it but i was trying to find out if it would eat anything else. i just dont like killing things that never asked to be in my livingroom

I'd give him the deep freeze over night, then boil it the next day and pop the meat out with a tooth pick and put the shell back in the tank. I did that with a nasty snail one time and it ended up as a really cool shell for one of my hermits.

I'd give him the deep freeze over night, then boil it the next day and pop the meat out with a tooth pick and put the shell back in the tank. I did that with a nasty snail one time and it ended up as a really cool shell for one of my hermits.

i hope the aliens never read your post:D

LOL!!!:lol:.

well you could always put it in a refugium and see if it eats anything from there :p ...if not... you can always cut a zoo (the one you don't like the most :p) and then just feed it 1 zoo per day :D .

well you could always put it in a refugium and see if it eats anything from there ...if not... you can always cut a zoo (the one you don't like the most ) and then just feed it 1 zoo per day

That's an expensive sump snail. :eek:

I am not fond of killing either if it can be avoided. Try taking it to a LFS or put it your sump. Most everything will adapt to its home and will eat what is available. That snail would prefer zoa's but if forced I am sure it would feed off things in your sump. No need to kill the little guy because it is a natural eater of zoa's and it found its way into your display. NO I AM NOT A PITA LOVER OR ANYTHING GUYS, just think there are other ways :)

You could always try and find someone with a mantis or similar that would use it as a food source. I've also heard some folks wanting the sundial snail to take care of zoos that are encroaching on prized SPS :)

You could always try and find someone with a mantis or similar that would use it as a food source. I've also heard some folks wanting the sundial snail to take care of zoos that are encroaching on prized SPS :)

So it only eats zoos and wont hurt anything else? May be just what I need.

Don

Don - that is my understanding. Everything I've read about them indicates they are specific feeders of zoanthids. We can double check with Boomer just to make sure, before you go on the hunt for one (or have one sent to you :D).

Back