Free speech

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradB

I hope this isn't considered "harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, degrading, sexual or otherwise objectionable material" but if I am going to get banned from this forum, I'd rather do it before investing 7 years helping people on the forums and supporting Reef Frontiers in general.

Today I was banned from reef central. 3 of my friends were censored by moderators, two of which technically broke the letter but not spirit of the rules, and one who I think they just made up a new rule about out of spite. I complained about excessive censorship and suggested our reef club find a new forum website, and they banned me for that, even though that wasn't against the rules either.

I am not for "anything goes" free speech, racist and hateful remarks on public forums, posts just mean to be disruptive, spam, yelling fire in a crowded movie theater, etc. But I think the moderators exist to help the community, and have no business censoring so many posts that the board becomes useless, or banning people they don't like even if they don't break rules so everyone is fearful about posting.

Overall, I think reefcentral does more good then harm, but even if I get my login privileges back, I would rather work to help people and support the hobby on a different forum. I hope I am welcome here.

Brad, will have better luck here if your first post isn't a slam of another or politics.

How about start a thread telling us about yourself, your tank, maybe some pictures? This thread will be deleted or hopefully moved to the water cooler (Off topic chat room) Welcome to RF and hope it works out for you.

Brad, i just got banned for no reason as well. I woke up and noticed i couldn't log on and it said moved on......they told me i was getting paid by a skimmer manufactuer. I wish i knew that so i could collect the checks! lol. RF seems like a good site. They are not money hungry people over here trying to turn there forum into a business.

I wan't to say thank you for the aquavia mod's you posted as that's all i have for now !!

I shouild be upgrading this month just waiting on funds !!

:)

Paul

Welcome to RF! :) As you will see as time progresses, RF is not like any other forum. The atmosphere here IMO, is about the best when it comes to a forum setting. I love it here! :D One thing to keep in mine though is that RF doesn't like much talk about "other" forums (ie bad mouthing etc) because of how threads can easily spiral out of control which has happened on numerous occasions. RF tends to steer away from any controversy or controvercial threads so just keep it in mind. It's all about sharing info about the hobby here and helping a fellow reefer so I wouldn't worry too much. Hope you enjoy your stay:)

Starting out a new site talking about another in this manner isn't what we do or like around here, this may be a grayed line but surely not a great way to start as a new member. Sorry but I'm closing this thread because of that, I hate being bad cop especially to new members but you have to see & understand the other side & realize by doing this, we help keep this site the way it was intended & still is today.

I would still welcome all new members & hope they understand, no hard feelings here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back