Friends or foe ? can any one id this critter?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sullest

I bought a live rock and I need to ID the cirtter that came alone with it

It is clear and attaches the rock. It is not flowery like an aiptasia but included is an unclear picture of it:) its the best i could do.

Anyone know how to id hit me up on aim

wheresUrPSVM

or yahoo

[email protected]

or gchat

[email protected]

thank yoụ

friendsorfoe.jpg

Pics not that clear but my best guess would be glass anemone. Get rid of them before they take over your tank.

Really can't tell anything from the picture but kind of look like some kind of mushroom. Majano anemone maybe but just cant tell from the picture for cretin.

it is like a ball my guess is it's an orange ball anemone... I will try get another pick if possible.

Pics not that clear but my best guess would be glass anemone. Get rid of them before they take over your tank.

Looks like glass anemones..they spread quickly..remove ..inject with kalkwasser paste..cannot be removed by scraping..i tried it and failed

its currently about .5 inches in diamter... its not aiptasia and it does have white dots on it. if it's a ball anemone are they harmless?
Looks like glass anemones..they spread quickly..remove ..inject with kalkwasser paste..cannot be removed by scraping..i tried it and failed

I did more digging and if it looks like the one below then, it's a Pseudocorynactis or ball anemone as previously suggested. They do pack a powerful sting and reproduce via fission but it seems like they are not getting the bashing like mojanos and aiptasias. You can monitor them and if they start getting out of hand, then start squirting.

That is how he looks like hmmm what are you guys vote :)? it's life depend on everyone's vote :)

I did more digging and if it looks like the one below then, it's a Pseudocorynactis or ball anemone as previously suggested. They do pack a powerful sting and reproduce via fission but it seems like they are not getting the bashing like mojanos and aiptasias. You can monitor them and if they start getting out of hand, then start squirting.

remove..they sting...they can go in between zoas..its easy to remove them by scraping..i always do this way and they never come back like aiptasias

Back