frog spawn fragging

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bjlind8888

hey i am trying to give my friend some of my frogspawn i was wondering how i frag it if i can just cut the branch it has 8 branches with 2 heads on each or how do i do it. thanks brandon

any blunt instrument will doo + a well focused impact point. If the branches is long enough u can snap with your finger. Could use a bone crusher too/ or those heavy duty chicken cutter scissors. I on the other hand like the chisel technique. Phillips head and a hammer :D.

hey i am trying to give my friend some of my frogspawn i was wondering how i frag it if i can just cut the branch it has 8 branches with 2 heads on each or how do i do it. thanks brandon

just like a wishbone, its too easy.
use a long screwdriver to snap it off

You should be able to just cut the branches as far below the "live" tissue as you can, that way you can frag as many heads as you like.

Frogspawn is pretty easy. The skeleton is very brittle and breaks very easily. With Frogspawn, I wouldn't recommend a chisel and hammer method. I've actually done that one and the polyps popped right out of the skeleton on impact. Not good. Usually, you can break the branch easily with your fingers. If not, a pair of kitchen sheers would work great. As Tony said, break as far from the tissue as you can. This will give your friend more options on where he wants it in his tank.

thanks you guys!! i might break the whole thing apart and put it all over my tank instead of in just one spot!!!!

Back