From Death Life but will they live I need help/suggestions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Earthgoddess

Well bad new our copper banded butterfly fish has gone missing our best theory is that he jumped out and our cats ate him since one of the cats got sick today and they were both fighting last night this is what we figure since there is no sign of him anywhere in or out of the water.

Then while investigating for the missing fish I found that we have baby shrimp.
Baby cleaner shrimp so I was wondering what I can do for them to increase the survival rate they have a huge green moss like plant that they are living in I used some dried flake food and crushed it into powder hoping they could use some of it What does anyone suggest?

Well it depends alot on how small they are?? Let us know and then we can line up a food type

Mike

Hi :) Very cool on those little shrimps.

I have to say, though, that in my opinion, they have little chance of surviving in the main tank.

Actually, only a couple places have successfully bred cleaner shrimp, and all are big hatcheries. One in Europe and another in Hawaii, in particular the Waikiki Aquarium.

They have extremely long larval stages, and the zoaea (the baby planktonic stage) does not settle until well pass 120 days or even longer.

Best,
Ilham

Thanks everyone I am sure they must be the cleaner shrimp our female is holding some eggs still but we will see.
Yes its true they do not have allot of chance surviving in our main tank although we don't have much of any other option at the present time since we have a good pair I can separate them at a later date for better survival rate. They do have allot of that moss like plant so it is possible though. We have about 4 sizes now growing fast they are located in a dark corner because of all the plant cover and there are quite a few today I will check after light go out to see how many I see then. I fed dt

Well the sad news is that maybe all the doubters were right and they are Mysis shrimp or somthing because I just found that both of my shrimp in that tank are carrying eggs so I am not sure if the babies could be theirs When are the eggs fertilized by the male? I figure it must be at this point or is it more early on? I have decided to move our other two cleaner shrimp into the tank with the two females since they do not have eggs so maybe one of them is a male We will see any suggestions or comments appreciated Thanks

Back