Fuge light

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They would look cool for one thing LOL!
Why not get one of those curly cues fluorescents you normally use in a regular flood incandescent light, I'm sure you can find a fixture for them, I have the Flood types that someone said worked well.

They would look cool for one thing LOL!
Why not get one of those curly cues fluorescents you normally use in a regular flood incandescent light, I'm sure you can find a fixture for them, I have the Flood types that someone said worked well.

So how far from the water would you want one of those pig tail lights?

Don

You could use the standard flood light fixture with two of the fluorescents, I'm sure they would grow well but best to get more opinions, I would suspect it would grow best with a MH set-up & a 65K lamp! SO depends on how much you want it to grow!

I once used a 6500k 250w MH over a 60 gallon fuge and the chaeto growth was ridiculous! It was tied in with about a 700 gallon system and I was havesting a five gallon bucket every 2-3 weeks:eek:

home depot has the 100w 5500k "daylight" curly bulbs for 8 bucks. i have one and keep it about 6" from the water in a clamp on reflector. works great.

Kinghokus,

Is the 100w 5500K daylight curly bulb enough light to encourage coralline algae growth on LR in 37G Eclipse??

Back