garden

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
ok doods and doodettes :D !!
now with this whole new old house, i have tons of things to do :p .
question, does anyone know any good books or articles on gardening :p, i have no clue whatsoever about plants and how to take care of them :p .... last plant i had lasted me not to long :D and i don't think plants are like corals right ?? :lol: .
i wanna have a cute garden :rolleyes: :lol: ,but i don't know how and the back yard has some brown plants that were flowers i think (does anyone know if you cut them or if you leave them and hope they come back to life ??? :p do i need to feed plants with special ground thingys??

ok any info would be good... and if it's easy it's better :D :p

Does it freeze where you are? I have tons of aloe frags.

Does it freeze where you are? I have tons of aloe frags.

well we had snow so i guess yeah :p .
what are aloe frags? that sounds like a coral to me :lol: :p .

These plant thingys are in my backyard, the one with the round looking things... used to be pink flowers :p now it's all brown, the bush thingy i don't knwo if i just need to cut it a little square and then it'll grow on its own or what, and the other one has the sticks all brown so i don't knwo if i need to cut the sticks or just cut them or may be re plant them :D :oops: :p .

ohh yeah and ignore the dog fence,that's for my future puppy someday :p

Ok Gabby you happen to be in luck, My wife is landscape designer. She says the first pick on the left looks like a boxwood hedge, Trim it come spring, No watering really needed, the rain will take care of it in washington, The second or middle pick looks to be Hydrangeia so fertilize in spring , She said leave it alone , Dont do a thing to it. The Third pic looks tobe a type of pernnial, Do not do a thing, they will return in the spring. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Awesome dood !!! you're lucky your wife is a landscape designer :D .
i'll take pics of my front yard because i have no clue on what to do with that too :p.
i was gonna start cutting and what not but good thing you said not to do a thing :D .

It's the type that is allergic to salt water.

LOL!!! you know you just reminded me something :lol:.
a couple of months ago, after doing a water change, i thought i dumped all my old water (but i didn't ) so i grabbed one of the juice thingys i do my water with and dumped the water into the plants thinking that it was just RO water.... well the plants died 2 days after :p .

LOL!!! Gabby gardening:lol: What next???(LOL) Wish I could help, but what plants we have here would never last up there:p

Gaby Melissa has a 500 sq ft hobby greenhouse out back. She can hook you up. I am planning on claiming part of it for a experimental natural light frag tank.:rolleyes:
Def leave the snowball bush alone.

you could add some rose bushes and some tulips and..... wow sounding like my wife lol here are her plants this year...

wwouu dood she did a good job :) , i like those rose bushes :D .

LOL!!! Gabby gardening What next??

LOL!!! i know :lol: .... the husband just laughs at me :p... one thing for sure i'm gonna add is a Seahawks flag heheh :D.

Gaby Melissa has a 500 sq ft hobby greenhouse out back. She can hook you up. I am planning on claiming part of it for a experimental natural light frag tank.
Def leave the snowball bush alone.

what the !!! :eek: no wonder she doesn't log in here .... having to take care of all those plants i bet it takes forever :p .

You could also go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and get some ideas there, their sales people can help you with your questions, hopefully.

P3110089.jpg

Back yard early on last year.

P3110077.jpg

Window boxes on fence. Notice the birds loved it as well. LOL
P3110083.jpg

my wifes Desktop photo, She loves this pic.

Back