Glass expert-need help-starfire glass gets dull?heaters fault?what is going on?!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have a shallow starfire glass aquarium and today I did my daily maintance and realized that dome dull spots on my glass were permanent..I thought they were Calicium but it is surely in the glass..no razor blade helps..i just removed a heater from this area and wonder if this is the reason..i want to prevent any more areas..i have never seen anytinh like this..it looks like a haze..glass is dull like when you breathe against it..please any input..may be this post helps sb else too to make the same mistake..what am I doing wrong???

??? Any idea of the age of the tank? Never seen it myself in a glass tank, an acrylic one but not a glass.

Probably mineralized calcium build up from the heat. May be removed with a cleaner/polisher that I have that is biodegradable but it means emptying the tank. Let me know if you need to chat tonight.

Calcium build up, even coraline algae will eat into type of glass. If the tank is dry its an easy fix. If wet not so easy, thier is a cloth that i have used before, let mr do some digging for ya

Mojo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back