Glue corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Octupus

Octupus
whats the best glue to use in reef to glue corals to rocks? i have used the white rubbery stuff but it does nto really hold and does nto look good either. thanks!

Do a search for Epoxy on MarineDepot's site. Tunze and Boston Aqua Farms have a product that I've used before with excellent results.

Regards,

There's bsi ic glue. the stuff your talking about is also very good to use within time the white disappears there will also show white with ic glue to! so no matter what theres white!

Thanks for the tips! so there is nothing off the shelf that i can use... someone suggested Superglue (Gel).

Superglue (gel) works well, also. There is a nack to getting it to work under water but with a little practice it does really well. You have to make sure you break the skin it forms under water to get it to hold.

Regards

The type of adhesive you want to use will depend on what you are trying to mount. If its a small frag then super glue works best. If it's a larger colony or something more substantial, epoxy works better. The side affect to epoxy is that it will make your skimmer go nuts for a day or so.

Cyanoacrylate Glue is the type of super glue you want to use. If you read the back of the packing it should state what type of glue is within the container. They sell it almost anywhere and in varying consistencies. LFSs like Barrier carry (1 oz., 2 oz. sizes) which range from $7.99 - $9.99. As Reef Setup mentioned most LFSs will carry IC Gel.

Loctite makes this glue as well, but I have found it to be slightly more expensive. This can be found practically everywhere: HD, Fred Meyer, QFC..... u name it. I hope this helps.

i would stay away from super glue if you get it on your hands your f'ed! With ic gel it comes off easy ( i dont use gloves maybe i should ) LOL!

Back