glue

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aaron7405

What can I use to attach some SPS frags, mushrooms to a rock. beside special glue? -locktite? -crazy cola?

thanx a lot

Be careful... Locktite is a brand name. They make several variaties of adheasives. Some are not suitable for mounting frags. However, they do make several industrial and commercial (with more fillers but still not as many as other super-glue brands) grades of cyanoacrylate (aka super-glue).

Use superglue gel.

Put a glob of it on the LR out of water, stick on coral and dunk it for a few seconds. This makes it haze over and dry a little quicker.

I Superglue to LR rubble, then Epoxy that LR rubble to my LR.

Use superglue gel.

Put a glob of it on the LR out of water, stick on coral and dunk it for a few seconds. This makes it haze over and dry a little quicker.

I Superglue to LR rubble, then Epoxy that LR rubble to my LR.

Thanx fot the tip but one more question, what kind of epoxy should I use, let me know the brans or the kind. thanx a lot.

other question super glue is not toxic to the tank watter, may sound dum my question because everybody use it but i want to know for sure

Thanx fot the tip but one more question, what kind of epoxy should I use, let me know the brans or the kind. thanx a lot.

other question super glue is not toxic to the tank watter, may sound dum my question because everybody use it but i want to know for sure

I've used all different types of Superglue and never had a problem. I don't think there's even a toxic one out there. All of them are pretty much the same chemical. If you want to be safe, go with a brand like loctite or crazy glue super glue.

As far as expoxy goes, just get something thats for underwater use. Usually its white. Personally I use This
and it works pretty good. Just be aware that your skimmer will get pissed off at you until the epoxy is dry.

Back