Goby in my refugium?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zerc

So I have had a yellow watchman goby for roughly a month. Sometime in the last week he disappeared, and I believe he has gotten into the refugium. I only say this because there is no dead fish in my tank that I can see, I do not have any predatory fish (Tang, 3 clowns, firefish, flame angel, goby). One of my peppermint shrimp has found its way into the fuge for sure (I saw it in there), and one of my clowns got in there as well. I did catch the clown and put it back in the tank. So my only thought is it swam into my overflow and went to the fuge. I do not particularly want to take apart my refugium. my main concern is will the goby be ok in there if it is indeed in there? there is no sand, but there is a large amount of pods in sizes up to half an inch long. It was eating frozen mysis in the main tank, will it eat live food? I would not mind retrieving it when I move the tank to a new house in a year or so, I just don't want to tear it down right now if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

Yellow watchmen have a habit of disappearing for weeks if mot months at a time and then showing back up.
Often have a little hole in the sand under a rock to the back.

I would highly recommend finding a way to cover the overflow intake since this seems to be a reoccuring issue. Once in the refugium can your fish end up getting sucked into the skimmer or return pump?

Back