going from 55 gallon tall to 125

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mnewby

always
im going to a 125 gallon tank im currently in a 55 gallon tank and im out growing it with all the critters im keeping in it i currently have a reversed flow sand bed and refugem and protein skimmer witch im going to move in to the new tank is there any thing i should add like calcuim reactor

What kind of corals are you keeping?

What skimmer do you have? May need a bigger one since you're doubling (maybe tripling if you add a sump) your water volume.
You will need more flow.
the 125 is deeper than the 55g so you may need to upgrade your lights both in length and in intensity to get the same penetration.

Calcium reactors are for people that are using more than they are replacing with dosing and water changes. You would have to test your water to see if you need one. On the other hand, it won't hurt to add it.

If you're going to keep a tank full of sps and lps, then I would add the reactor. It will make your life alittle easier. That means you're going to have to add a sump. Might have to upgrade your skimmer. Make sure you have enough flow. Lights are good.

Good luck on the new project :)

what is minamal sized sump tank to use can i get away with a 30 gallon
Your sump only has to be as large as serves your pupose. If you just want a place to put your equipment, then it only has to be large enough to hold yer stuff. On the other hand if you want a frag section and a refugium ect ect ect then its gonna be huge :)

Back