Going to settle and get t-5.. but which

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dtd87

I don't know what to get honestly, I'd rather just buy a 4/6 bulb t-5 set up then run the 150w mh pendant over one side of my tank. So I'm wondering which t-5 I should get. currently Im looking at either

aquatic life t5 4bulb
tek light 4 bulb
tek light elite 4bulb / 6 bulb

but I don't know of any other.. I kind of like the idea of getting the tek light from reefgeek.com and getting ati bulbs in it. Anyone have any suggestions on a t-5 set up or anyone ever own any of the ones I've listed?

My 200DD is lit with 2 Tek5 fixtures, a 6 bulb and a 4 bulb. The tank is 27" deep and I can grow SPS on the bottom. Both fixtures are on the Sunlight Supply mounting legs, that do cost extra. The 6 bulb Tek5 was previously over my 75, for about 3 years. The 6 bulb fixture is at least 5, closer to 6 years old. The 4 bulb fixture is 2-3 years old. I have replaced a couple of the "tombstones" on the 6 bulb fixture. They're about $1.00 a pair and take about 5 minutes to replace. About a year ago, I also replaced the reflectors, on the 6 bulb fixture. It was inexpensive and also very easy to replace. Greg, at Reefgeek is a great guy to deal with. I believe Barrier Reef also carries the Sunlight Supply Tek5 fixtures. IMO, you can't go wrong with them!

Build a diy led setup for around the same price as a aquatic life 6 lamp fixture..
The setups ive found and personally am going to get was around 300 dollars...
My aqautic life dual lamp fixture cost me 130 just for one... Id need 3 fixtures. Thats 400 dollars.
Plus led you wont be burning bulbs every year... 40 bucks a piece. And save money on ur power bills :)
Just my .02, i wish i wouldve done what i had planned from the begining but i settled for t5s...
Do it right my friend.

Sent from my Evo Shift

Build a diy led setup for around the same price as a aquatic life 6 lamp fixture..
The setups ive found and personally am going to get was around 300 dollars...
My aqautic life dual lamp fixture cost me 130 just for one... Id need 3 fixtures. Thats 400 dollars.
Plus led you wont be burning bulbs every year... 40 bucks a piece. And save money on ur power bills :)
Just my .02, i wish i wouldve done what i had planned from the begining but i settled for t5s...
Do it right my friend.

Sent from my Evo Shift
I'm not very handy and also my tank is a 50b which has a center bar so I'd have a lot of dead space.. but IM not entirely sure. I've considered trying it but am scared hence settling for t-5

Ive found led kits too... Most kits are only 20" long. So ud need 2 kits?

Do the research honestly... Because down the road your going to want something else... And leds are maybe a little more to start but pays off over a 10 yr span.

Sent from my Evo Shift

Back