golden angel experience...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

balogh03

i was just wondering if any of the reefers has had experience with a golden angel in a reef tank? i want one really bad, but i dont know what all the eat as far as coral...because i dont want it to eat any:lol: . let me know.

no, the one i am talking about is a dwarf. kind of like a coral beauty, there could also be other names. but just to be safe-Centropyge aurantia, Centropyge aurantius
0783CCDEBF704293B9C167B4DFFF348F.jpg

Ahh...Yeah, definately different. I'm sure someone will know for sure if they are reef safe, but going on what I've read about quite a few angels in general is a lot of them have to be monitored when in a tank with corals...Best of luck with it:)

I believe they are like most pygmy angels. Typically do not nip at corals but definitely have that potential. It is very much determined by their personality. If they nip, it tends to be things with polyps (leathers, green-star-polyps, etc) or sometimes clams. They are unlikely to go after SPS.

Mat

they are safe...i have one in my 310gl reef....little shy and are difficult to feed man food...have had mine for 6 months and i havent fed him anything...feeds off the live rock...

Back