Golden Headed Sleeper Goby f/algea control?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pod24aqua

Is this a good fish to control red/brown algea on the sand? I was told by an aquarium retailer that since it is a sand sifter, it would also eat the algea on the sand.:p

I just know they can Jump Mine did after about 6 month's to a year. They do sift thru and eat things in the sand what besides pod's I don't exactly know !

I have one and I love him but he wasn't interested in the red "algae" I had on my sand bed a few months ago. The red "algae" was really cyanobacteria and no one touched it. I finally realized that my RO system had failed and I had tap water going into the aquarium. Once I corrected the water quality the algae cleared up on its own. Same thing for when I had a hair algae problem a while back. I hope that helps.
Jill

I have one and I love him but he wasn't interested in the red "algae" I had on my sand bed a few months ago. The red "algae" was really cyanobacteria and no one touched it. I finally realized that my RO system had failed and I had tap water going into the aquarium. Once I corrected the water quality the algae cleared up on its own. Same thing for when I had a hair algae problem a while back. I hope that helps.
Jill

I will check my RO water. The system is relative new (5 months) but it could be spent. Thanks.

Back