goniopora (flowerpot)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aedeos

Future Sen
I have a goniopora that has been in the tank for a few weeks. It just spent a week in a QT, and upon moving back to the main tank, he started looking great again. however, today he randomly puffed up into a huge ball. it doesn't look unhealthy, but it seems out of the ordinary. should I leave it or what? it normally has long tenticles, but swollen instead all of a sudden.

I would leave it alone and keep a close eye on it. If you start to see flesh die off or holes in the skeleton get it out.

flowerpots like high calcium (450+) and moderate but not direct flow and high lighting; they do not do well in dim lighting.

HTH,
Kirk

nutrient rich water a plus

Guess that says it all,with exception to the bright green kind.Those are real tough to keep alive

first of they will do well in dim lighitng as they grown in caves and under ledges in the wild any neon green gonis are bleached i know they look good thet colour but they are not healthy also they need lots of feeding a the right tank to do well
gonis should be left in the wild where they do best unless u have the time and patients to look after these magic coral dont buy them

with the increased feeding requirements on this coral, I would suggest a real real good skimmer.

in spite of all the doom predictions, mine is now 2 yrs old. it has grown 3 new " branches or knobs". it is on a dsb at the bottom of my 75 with 6x54 t-5s. never gets feed and continues to grow.i don't know the sp but it is a light brown. cal is 400 and alk is 8dk

it's looking good for health. I'm mainly wondering if anyone had ever seen anything like the inflating it did yesterday. It puffed up so large it looked like a soft brain coral. the tendrils were hardly visible, just tiny nubs on the body.

Back