Good Deal?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FreakinReefin

Insert idiot comment
I guess I am looking for a little reassurance. I found this ad and am looking to move on it...however I am not 100% yet. What do you guys think?
Ad****We decided to get back into a saltwater reef tank and I went overboard. Ended up with enough materials for two large fish tanks, a 65 and a 90, and a small one, so this one has to go. Has not been set up, so it is clean as a whistle. Just add water, salt, rock and critters.

Reef set up includes:

-New Cherry cabinet and hood. Plywood and lumber construction. No particle board.
-65 Gallon Glass aquarium with center overflow drain, four drilled returns and a plenum. Tank demensions are 36" long x 18" deep x 24" tall.
-Lighting is a two 96 watt Actinic Power Compacts and a 250 watt Metal Halide with cooling fan
-20 gallon 3 chambered refugium / sump with GenX 4100 pump, filter sock, and Pacific Coast Imports PS-200 Protein Skimmer***** $500 out the door

IMHO, for a brand new glass aquarium with stand, canopy, lights, pump, skimmer, etc that is a steal! You could pay $500 for just the tank & stand used...

If the size/dimensions are good for you, I'd say go for it!

Good luck,

Rob

IMHO, for a brand new glass aquarium with stand, canopy, lights, pump, skimmer, etc that is a steal! You could pay $500 for just the tank & stand used...

If the size/dimensions are good for you, I'd say go for it!

Good luck,

Rob

See, that's the way it feels, however it sounds too good to be true. I am going to look at it this weekend and make my decision. I wanted to leave it to you all to see if there are any holes that I am not seeing. I like the glass idea for sure.

If that is the size and shaped tank that you want, it is a good deal. The stand is tall, which is nice, and so is the canopy. This makes it easier to make potential equipment changes down the road.

g

I would suggest that you hold off on your purchase and give me the persons contact information so that I can talk to them and discuss the possible relocation procedures. You know to verify that ummmmm. Just kidding man. It sounds to me like a screaming deal. and unless the back panel is smashed and we can't see it even if it leaks it would cost a minute amount to repair compared to buying all of that brand new. Just my thoughts.

I love that dimension. Perfect for Seattle small apt where a long continuous wall is hard to find nowadays.

Yeah pal if thats actually $500 and it not just a typo, then its a screaming deal. I would ensure it holds water. Then I'd say go for it if your happy with the dimensions.

Okay, I just bought the tank and all other items. I'm out shopping at the moment but I will post some photos in a little bit showing the full setup...it's pretty sweet.

well, if the tank is tested for a leak before adding LR, sand, livestock, and most importantly added it to the inside of the house, then repair costs is minimal; if not, obviously repair costs are much substantial than buying sealant for the tank. :)

Back