good inverts for a 15 gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well, I don't know what you have in the tank but I've always thought that nanos with a nice anemone, a pair of clowns, and a shrimp or two is pretty cool. Post up a few details about your tank and equipment and you'll probably get some good recommendations.

Mike

how do i get that block of info to pop up every time i post? so i don't have to type all my info every time

Yasha Hasha Goby/Candy Striped Pistol Shrimp is a great Nano combination. Sexy Shrimp are also great, if in a group of at least 6. However, there are thoughts that they may pick at Zoanthids. We have a group of them, in a nano tank, along with lots of Zoanthids.

There are several other types of nano shrimp that can be very cool, such as Bumble Bee Shrimp, Anemone Shrimp, etc.

I don't think I'd recommend any anemone for a tank that small. I wouldn't even put one in our 24 gallon nano. Most anemone just get too large for the lil' tanks.

By the way, we do have a Nano forum, here on Reef Frontiers. I'd suggest posting there!!

Ive ran meny small tanks, and after years Im sad at the lost ive seen.. dont over stock your tank its small...

a tank that size will support only a set amount.

I would try.
5 ceriths
3 astera's
single bumble bee
2 hermits maybe a shrimp..

just what i would do ive i was doing a 15 again,
you should be able to add them and not have to add anything for years (if you flip your snails back over)

Be wary of sexy shrimp though if not fed enough or not target fed they can and will start eating zoanthid skirts and other corals(as Michael already stated, doh). They are however very mesmerizing and cute to watch.

The pistol shrimp/goby combo is very fun for a small tank since you actually get to see them unlike a larger tank where they just get kinda lost. Also emerald crabs(make sure they get enough algae to eat), a scarlet or blood shrimp, or perhaps a pair of harlequin shrimp if you feel like raising starfish to harvest their legs.

Last edited:
Back