gorgan- spell that

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

gorg something.. i dont know how to spell it,

but its like long sticks with little pylops on stick...

you guys know what im talking about..

anyway, what about em witch should i get what should i stay away from...

guess ill just snag a frag when i can and wish for the best....

I had quite a few in my tank and they did well for the time I had them. I got mine from the wild though which I'm sure makes all the difference. No shipping, going from tank to tank and so forth. The purple ones are the one to go with I think if any. There was a thread on here somewhere a while back. Maybe I can find it:)

Last edited:
Ah, THAT ocd? I had a studentl like that once. My favorite student. Very very organized (quite the opposite of me). Did everything properly. No wonder corals like OCD!

Copy_of_DSCN1563.JPG

I bought a purple one not that long ago, they are easier because they are photosynthetic.

Ah, THAT ocd? I had a studentl like that once. My favorite student. Very very organized (quite the opposite of me). Did everything properly. No wonder corals like OCD!
Yeah...I've got OCD pretty bad. It gets irritating sometimes, but other times you just have to laugh:p

I just bought a purple gorgonian and its doing great. I also heard though that of all the gorgonians to get these are the easiest to keep. I bought mine on saturday morning and by sunday morning all of the polyps were open. I also feed min phytoplankton once a week.

yeah Krish got OCD but dood !! he knows how to keep a tank clean... that's why the gorgonias did good with him :D ....sometimes even I get jelous of his OCD :) .

my water is clean not clean like crazy over there.. but clean

the red gorgonain i got isnt doing good... like i was told, so i want to replace it with something that will do good...

like a sea fan, or maybe a purple or orange gorgonain

saterday, ill go check out the LFs i saw a frag of a sea fan looking thing a few weeks back, see what they got.

Stay away from the sea fans. They're one of the most beautiful corals in the wild, IMO, but guaranteed to die in captivity. I've had one of the purple whip gorgonians for a few months. It was real rough the first few weeks, I was sure it was going to be short lived. However, it's really leveled off lately. Even so, I feel all I'm doing is prolonging the inevitable. I've never seen any gorgonian survive for any realistic period of time in captivity.

Just like certain fish and certain corals, they should probably just be kept in the wild unless someone finally figures out the key to their success. I feed mine HEAVY phytoplankton (brew my own), and that's helped.

This gorgonian was with me for over 2 years til I sold it as the tank was an sps tank. I don't know what it was but it did great for the type tank it was in.
1.jpg

Back