got gurgling to stop but....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Skeptic9962

i ended up putting a tube down the neck of the pipe and it stoped gurgling im going to make that a permanent thing tomorrow once i go to lowes..but now that its not gurgling i can hear other loud water lol...now when its going into the overflow its like a waterfall and splashes was told by a few people to use bioballs...but that would be my last desperate measure...is there any other way of quieting that down without having to but a nitrate factory in the overflow?

add some filter socks.. they will help clean up detritus in your tank as well.. you have to change them out and wash them every few days, but they will quiet it down...

I'm geussing that the gurgling was coming from your stand pipe? If it is built to the right height you should be able to adjust your tube to bring the water level up so there is less waterfall sound. If that doesn't work you might need to rasie the height of the stand pipe.

dennis

i wish i had a standpipe...cant fit on inside of the overflow box...its a very small box.. it goes about 1/3 the way down the tank

tank005.jpg

If your fitting from the bulkhead is a 90 maybe change that to a couple 45's or some formed or flexible tube to change the flow at the elbow...Might make a more gradual turn=less noisy???

Back