Greece

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Cades83898

Hello Anthony,
I was wondering how your trip to Greece went and if it was everything I said it would be. Did you get a chance for excursions away from Athens? What were your impressions on how active the hobby is there?

Cheers,
Craig Zievis
Bio-Reef Inc.
Jacksonville, Florida
:)

cheers, Craig! Fabulous to see you posting. Welcome to RF:)

Greece was very, very fine. The best part of the trip by far for me were the people. Amazing really. Intense, savvy, passionate... an absolute pleasure to talk to and share with. I think they enjoyed my workshops and info/lectures too if I may say so. We had a very high energy workshop, show and discussion. Some pics and feedback here:

http://www.openreef.gr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=324&start=45

good to hear(read) from you again, my friend

Anth-

Looks like a fun crowd. It's amazing the people you can meet when you travel. When my husband and I went to Peru, it was the people we remembered most too. Well... it was the people... and that 10 inch tarantula nesting outside our bungalow during our stay in the Amazon. Funny, I can't remember that one's name now... lol

Anthony I want to thank you again for the amazing time we spend during your visit here in Greece! The seminar, visits in houses, dinner etc were all a great experience for all of us! The knowledge gained is invaluable and all that while having a great time!

We really hope to see you again soon ! :D

It was really a pleasure having you here in Athens. We all looking forward for your next visit, hopefully as soon as possible.

Cheers

PS Greece vs Peru 1 -0, No tarantulas here ;)

The feeling really was mutual, my friends. :) Thank you .

I learn so much from talking to fellow aquarists and gathering their experiences and observations for perspective. It is helpful to me and to the people I meet later whose efforts are likewise improved by the information that we pass down the line.

I look forward to seeing you very soon! Keep working hard together to build a strong Greek hobby :)

Hallo Anthony ….
.. Thank you for coming in Greece.. !!!!
it was for all of us a marvellous experience.
I will always remember your passion in order to shared your knowledge
.. Greetings from the island of Crete:)
Tasos

We really thank Anthony for the pleasure and honor he gave us visiting our country!

What we have to admit, is that anybody who met Anthony, was fascinated by his passion, positive energy and deep knowledge and expertise concerning the reef-hobby/science/industry (+ by how much younger he looks than his age!!! :D :p )

We are honestly looking forward to meeting you again soon!

heehee... I look younger only because I have learned to Photoshop the gray colored whiskers from my hair and beard :D

Thanks again my friends... I look forward to seeing you very soon!

heehee... and thank you for leaving out the unflattering pictures of me after working up a sweat, with tossled hair, coral tissue on me, etc :D:D:D

Hi Antony! Your visit to Greece was a very special event for us. Thank you for coming, and i really hope to see you again soon. I think that you will see our aquariums getting better and better with your advises and tips, besides your great company ;) .

I am also planning of making the propagation tank in the balkony as you told me, because of the sunshine i have there :idea: . It is a little bit tricky, but with you tips of insulation, natural lighting e.t.c. i think i will manage it. 3 prop tanks all connected with a central sump. Summer is coming, i will keep you informed.

Keep up the exellent work!! Your energy and passion for the hobby is incredible!! :razz:

Ps. The mesoscope you had with you for observation, is an amasing piece of hardware. We all loved it!! :D

Last edited:
wow... that is excellent to read! I look forward especially to seeing your natural sunlight balcony propagation! :) Please do not hesitate to write back if you have any questions or difficulties to get it established.

kindly, Anthony

Back