Green BTA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Adam29c

I got a GBTA over the weekend. He has moved behind my live rock towards the back of the tank. At 1st he was on a rock at the top when he moved behind it & I just flipped the rock over to put him in front. Cant do that where he is now.

Can anyone give me any info on this?
Is he going to die?

Thanks,
Adam

i have a couple anemones one is always on the same rock and one that is always moving around. he will come out in time. my wierd one didnt even want to eat for the first couple weeks, but he moved again a couple of weeks ago and still seems to be ok.
good luck adam

It was previously up for 3 years then I moved it. I have been up for 8 months. I have another large anemone thats doubled in size in the 8 months. Sounds like this is kinda normal. I guess I'll wait & see if he moves out in the next few days. Thanks for all the help!

They go where they feel most comfortable. Sometimes that works out where you would like them to be and sometimes not. It will open up and turn towards the light so you should still be able to see it. Main thing is that the animal is happy healthy and secure.

Green Nem

They go where they feel most comfortable. Sometimes that works out where you would like them to be and sometimes not. It will open up and turn towards the light so you should still be able to see it. Main thing is that the animal is happy healthy and secure.

I have the same problem with my anemone. I just put it in and it is doing well but its scary having them in such close proximity to my many other hard and soft corals with their sting being so damaging.

Back