Green Open Brain

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

loluckyve

Still amazed
Within the last couple of days my open brain is shriveling up and looks like it is dying. All water tests fine. Tank has been running a little warm, could this be my problem? Any ideas/ suggestions welcome.

Open Brain

Running 2 250W MH 8 hrs day and atinics 10 hrs.
Water parameters: Salinity 1.025, Alkalinity 6, Mag 850, Calcium 440, Phosphate,Nitrite 0.

Have had it for over a year and nothing else seems affected.

yup mag is very very low..alk is very low....low mag and alk will be dying lps slowly...i have experienced it twice...do u dose daily?
like what lvsuckerfish said do water change and dose mag with the advance method...slowly till u hit 1300-1350...dose alk and calcium daily till u reach at least 9 on alk...

i wanna ask an out of the topic question..do u have zoas?how are they?

yup mag is very very low..alk is very low....low mag and alk will be dying lps slowly...i have experienced it twice...do u dose daily?
like what lvsuckerfish said do water change and dose mag with the advance method...slowly till u hit 1300-1350...dose alk and calcium daily till u reach at least 9 on alk...

i wanna ask an out of the topic question..do u have zoas?how are they?

just first bring mag up as if you do all three daily you could be worse off then when you started as you bring Mag up the others should fall into place. the 3 play off each other start with mag then test and post results and we can direct on the next step to get the params in to play.....

sorry start with a water change 20% will be good start. let it mix for a full 24hrs atleast room temp if possible tank temp. then post result from the test...

Open Brain

I have been dosing to bring the mag up daily and did a 20% water change on Sunday. It is doing worse since the water change, uhhh. Yes I many Zoa's and they are doing great. What about supplemental feeding?

Well you should be feeding all your lps with something. I used krill and spot feed mine when i had them. artic pods are a good food also.

What are your parameters now?

If you are dosing daily and did a water change, please provide updated test results.

Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated. I do feed pods but don't target feed. Will keep daily dosimg to get mag etc up. Wish this hobby wasn't so much trial and error. I'm reading everything I can find Just not fast enough. More to come

I'm newer and probably not the best, but I would suggest that 1. you target feed and 2. test the water parameters. If you get one way too high, you will get the others out of whack.

Good Luck.

[

QUOTE=loluckyve;558736]Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated. I do feed pods but don't target feed. Will keep daily dosimg to get mag etc up. Wish this hobby wasn't so much trial and error. I'm reading everything I can find Just not fast enough. More to come[/QUOTE]

Back