green zoos killing green mushrooms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1stSALTank

Hi, I have a problem. I have some green zoos that are overtaking a rock and killing the green mushrooms i have on it. The zoos crowd them out one by one. These zoos are not in a colony. Nor do they have a "foot like" attachment. They each have their own little hole in the rock so they can "disappear" when you try to get near them. I actually killed a couple with "joes juice"..but I hate to use it like that...also, if I don't get it on them when open, it won't work. These zoos have even attached to my crabs and snails.....I really do not like them at all. I love my copper brown ones, but these...no way...please help.

they sound like aiptasia anemones. Not good, they multiply fast and sting fishes. I am thinking the brown ones are the same just getting more light maybe? Unless they are connected and they don't completely retract when touched.
I'm sure you will get some more opinions soon.

Do you have a pic or can you get one? Deb, I think has nailed it on the head though. Keep feeding them joes juice.

Aren't aiptasia red though? With long, stringy tentacles?

I would think it's mojanos. As I've seen green ones before. And they look more similar to zoo's than aiptasia.

Either way though... Joes Juice will be used.
I was just curious if there's an aiptasia variant I didn't know about.

::EDIT::

Just now looked at the link above and see that it was already covered.
I suck at messageboards.

Back