Greetings ZOA fans. PICS OF RECENT ZOA's.. NOOBY to ZOA's

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pravdaseeker

Hello All,

Been forever since I posted a thread. Been through the "ringer of life" since last posting..

Well I finally got brave enough to try some PLANT/animals, errr.. primitive reef critters..he he.

My tank has gone through an amazing change over the last year.

They say Zoa's are just about easiest to grow.. so I did it.

Been a month so far and they seem to be doing ok..

Still trying to figure just exactly where they need to be, but some are obviously doing good, and actually spreading a little bit to the adjacent rocks.

Yeah, the dang astapsia (SP?) are there too... went on vacation to Oz for 5 weeks, and they went polyploid on me while I was gone down under...sigh.
Nudibranches are in there doing their job, am told it takes a while for them to kick butt on the bad glass guys..

ANYHOW... here are 3 pics, hopefully not TOO blurry or whatever.

Been a month, and the fire and ice one is spreading polyps to adjacent rock.

The big green head of "broccoli" is doing ok too.. its pink eyes are coming back now too.. got a couple more that are spreading around too, but not nearly as impressive, and lighting was funky when took pics..

Pravdaseeker

Yes, i agree< becoming addicted to them also

Thanks for the replies folks..

Was real worried about trying them... now that they are doing good... heck, I could EASILY do a zoa only tank..

I saw some pics in this zoo post area, of someone who had a zoa only tank with umpteen different kinds, WOW !

Yep, terribly wanting to put more and more in there..he he.

Will just save up for those really nice WYSIWYG pieces.. and I gotta get more of the fire and ice, as they seem to REALLY like the set up I have.

Forgot to add that I have 4 powerheads in the tank on a Red Sea wave machine.. it starts and stops the powerheads, so cool... makes it like the surf for them.. I got that before putting the zoa's in, so they would have a better start..

I am enjoying these zoa's as much as I enjoy the fish and shrimp, etc... they are SO COOL...

THX again, Pravdaseeker

Last edited:
Back