H & S A200 extended DIY build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spinner

Reef
I have been looking for a companion skimmer for my XRC 250 with a 1262 pump and found this one. Its a H & S A200 extended that once ran (3) 1260's but is just the body and cup now. Both skimmers are the same size except the H & S has a larger neck size.
The Plan:

Clean skimmer body and cup with vinegar/ro water soaking.
Install a new gray 1"x12"x 16" PVC skid after removing old one.
Install sch, 80 outlet pipe cap w/micro valve and (3) skimmer air silencer's that match my XRC250 one's.

Now the Power...........:)
After research with using several different skimmer pumps and set ups I believe I will use (3) PSK 1000 skimmer pumps. I will also be feeding venturi's air I am thinking? Thoughts?

Any body using these pumps????? Feed Back???? :juggle:

Here's the H & S before cleaning:)

Attachments

• sk3_zps007fa3ea.jpg
    sk3_zps007fa3ea.jpg
    43.5 KB
  • sk4_zps9f5297e3.jpg
    sk4_zps9f5297e3.jpg
    40.2 KB
the a200 is a great skimmer body.have you tried contacting fins and critters to see if they could hlp with replacement pumps?

I wonder if the tunze skimmer pumps could be incorporated? great skimmer pumps IMO.

Sorry no experience with psk pumps

Thank you:) I will be installing (3) Aquabee 2000/1 pumps since this is what skimmer is set up for. They have upgraded their H&S Aquabee pumps with a new impeller design that doubled their bubble production but not bubble size.

sounds great I have a H&S a110 that uses the aquabee f2001 and it is a great pump. H&S are great skimmers

chad

Back