Halide Bulbs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyDog08

So I just bought a halide fixture with 2x250watt halides. It comes with 15000k bulbs. I'm new at this halide thing so what I really want to know is the colors of all the bulbs. I like the blue color to the tank but I know that the more yellow the more growth, or something like that. I'm just a little lost so if anyone's got any good advise or pictures of 15000k so I can see the color it would be much appriciated! :D

As far as I know 10,000k will give you good growth but very white, 14,000-15,000 are middle range you will get blue with good growth and 20,000k very blue with growth. I have 10,000k's right now and I hate them way too white drives me nuts when the MH's come on I am looking at getting 14,000-15,000k bulbs. I figure it is safer to go in the middle then going 20,000k.

It completely depends on the bulb. Did you buy the oddysea fixture? The Oddysea 15K bulbs are WAY more yellow that Phoenix 14K bulbs.

That guide rocks bye the way, but the Oddysea's arent on there. Nor the phoenix. Nor the Bluelife SPS. Those are the only bulbs I have used.

bewarned, that the kelvin rating changes with manufacture.

a 14k Curent bulb doesnt look like a 14k aqualight or a Xm...and son and so forth.

each manufactures bulbs look different

Back