Halide restart delay

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DonW

R.I.P.
Is it really needed. Dose a real quick shut down really hurt anything (bulb or ballast)?

Don

Don, only if you did it all the time. Like standing there and flicking the light switch on and off.

Don, only if you did it all the time. Like standing there and flicking the light switch on and off.

Thanks

I was noticing the aquacontroller has a "sure on" feature, didnt know why. My halides turn back on by themselves in a few minutes after the power flickers.

Don

We have had a puwer surge here Don that fried a 400w ballast. I have never had a problem with my halides coming back on after a little power hit tho. Takes them bout 5 minutes or until they cool down.

We have had a puwer surge here Don that fried a 400w ballast. I have never had a problem with my halides coming back on after a little power hit tho. Takes them bout 5 minutes or until they cool down.

I guess its just a marketing feature.

Don

I have a generic GE metal halide ballast. They won't restart automatically if there is a flicker. I have to unplug for about a minute and then re-plug the light back on.

Back