Has anyone ever heard of a tank....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

RegalFlush17

I was just wondering if I am hoping for a lost cause in seeking a small glass or acrylic tank that is under 13" tall and 10" wide. The length is not as important as the other two dimensions. I am wanting to use this tank as an above display refugium, and the shelf that I would be placing measures those two dimensions.

Thanks

I don't know of any standered tank sizes in those dimensions.You would probably need it custom made.See if anyone in your club or area does acrylic work.

The closest thing I've ever seen to your dimensions not custom built is 12 wide and 12 tall. I thinks it's a standard 20 long (30x12x12). Custom built may be your only option.

Do you have a table saw? If you do it would be real easy to make your own from scraps. PSI in tacoma sells rems of acryilc for reasonable prices.

Clayswim thanks for the link it was really helpful. I think that I have found a tank that will suit my needs. It is a 8x16x7 tall acrylic tank. This is perfect. I never thought that they would offer this wierd size. What is even more odd, is why don't they just switch the width and the length. Is there any difference? They also custom make acrylic tanks which could be helpful down the line.

Does anyone think that there is a noticeable difference, in terms of productibility, of a 4 gallon refugium and a 5.5 gallon refugium. There was an offered tank that was 5.5 gallons, and I was wondering if that would be worth it to (my refugium will be above display on a shelf, which I don't know its weight limit, use this one instead of the 4 gallon?

i've seen for sale, thirty dollars i think, a tank at petco that is under those dimensions. it had two drop in dividers, for setting up bettas i guess, that didn't have to be used. i'm not sure what the dimensions are, but it was definately smaller than 10x13

Back