Has anyone ever used this light fixture?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

colin779

It has a single reflector, individual reflectors are best for t-5's so that you get a lot of punch through the water column.

yu can find better on ebay. make sure they are new from stores. i purchased a 2x96,1-250watt hoodlight for only 200

The tank is a 20 gallon, it currently has a 2*24w HO t5 setup on it. It gets about 900gph of flow and is skimmed with a very small hang on refugium.

Inhabitants at this point are some mushrooms, hammer, frogspawn, some zoo's, blue sponge, yellow sponge, toadstool leather, skunk cleaner, six line wrasse, peppermint shrimp, blue hermits.

The reason i was looking into a fixture like this was to add 2 more bulbs because i would like to get a couple sps to add to my tank.

The ebay fixtures appear to be a good deal like deezn7 said, but keep in mind the bulbs and ballast that come with these fixtures are junk. If you do buy one from ebay, plan on buying a name brand ballast and bulbs for at least the mh part.

I looked at those, but I really wasn't interested in the mh. I will get to see one in person soon though cause my buddy just ordered one.

As for the t5 fixture i put up the link for does that seem like something that is worth the money? It seemed to be the best i could find.

Depending on what my buddies fixture looks like i may hold off and go with something like that.

yea very true with the ballasts but mine seems to be workin great and xenia and shrooms multiplied very fast

I have one.

I think it's a very nice fixture for the money. I also own a 2 bulb Coralife fixture. The Current fixture is much better than the Coralife in respect to quality and functionality, though the Current fixture is about 2" wider than the Coralife. I use both fixtures together on a 29 gallon mixed reef.

The 20 gallon is only 16" deep so you don't really need the punch of a single reflector. I think this plus the other would be more than enough light for sps.
-Chris

Awesome, thank you everyone for the input, i really appreciate it.

I don't know what i would do without this forum, everyone here is incredibly helpful for a novice like myself.

Colin

Back