Has Anyone Ordered From Marco Rocks?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My new 175 is filled with it but cure it first!! I learned the long way LOL. I absolutely love it. Lots of little holes and nooks for stuff to live.

Jerry

Picture067.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture068.jpg

what is the price per lb for this rock?

http://www.marcorocks.com/

Heres the link Matt but it averages out to about $2.25 a pound but I see advantages way beyond the price. The biggest being no hidden monsters in the rock and you start off fresh and the freight charges. Hea also very carefully boxes it all up in styrofoam lined boxes. The pictures don't even come close to what they look like. I was a 1000% happy with my order from Mark.

Jerry

Hey Jerry - so how did you go about making sure it has all of the healthy benefits of real LR? did you seed it with some real LR and just give it some time? if so, how long do you give it? See, I always heard it was good to have a diverse set of organisims in the LR which means if I did something like this, I'd probably do like a half and half deal (half real LR, half of this base).

Hey Jerry - so how did you go about making sure it has all of the healthy benefits of real LR? did you seed it with some real LR and just give it some time? if so, how long do you give it? See, I always heard it was good to have a diverse set of organisims in the LR which means if I did something like this, I'd probably do like a half and half deal (half real LR, half of this base).

I let it set in that tank for 6 weeks with the skimmer working over time LOL. I actully put some test snails in today and it looks good so far. As far as seeding it with life I put live sand and a big hunk of Brillo Pad algea full of copepods and stuff from my 54 plus coraline algea covered rocks from my 54 in the sump. I'm actually considering purple up to help speed up the process.

Jerry

as long as you are doing good water changes, you don't need the Purple Up..you don't have anything using CA if the tank is new and the rocks are barely covered in coralline

MA thats mass?

hmmm ive bin looking for something like this....

by 120lbs of base rock like what you got and then seed it with another 50 or 60 of some local stuff

i could say a lot of money if i were to just go drive to him and get it....

Ill book mark that and when its time ill just do that..

eazyer wont have to worrie about bad critters and things poping up 6 months down the road.

just get 150 lbs from him and another 55 local or so

Last year he had a booth at NERAC II . I brought some then. FANTASTIC ROCK extremely porous and light as a feather. he is suppose to be at the NERACIII confrence this March, I hope so , It's great looking though the ton of rock he brings and picking it out.
I highly recommend it.
chuck

this dudes not fly by night right??/

he gonna be around some time later this year or this time next year?

I got the rubble pack to make some frags. Very nice stuff. Some of the "rubble" made it into my display, pretty good size rocks.

You definatly need to cure it.

Ditto the above. I also got a few nice pieces in the rubble pack.
Definitely needs to be cured. I tried rinsing numerous times but ultimately just had to let it cure before using.

I'ts like the double edge sword.
If it wasn't so damn porous and full of caves, it wouldn't trap so much organic material and need to cycle and if it wasn't so damn porous and full of caves it wouldn't make such great bio filtration and aquascapes once it does cycle :)

FWIW after soaking 2-3 days a strong power head like a mag 9 will blow most of the crap off and out of it.

Also I've never tried this but Randy Holms Farley suggested in a thread (RC) that, using a muratic acid bath of ~50% would make short work of organics and cut cycle time significantly.

Back